One of the most common questions we get from our clients is how frequently they should make it a point to schedule HVAC service in Lexington, KY. As a general rule, we recommend having service appointments twice a year—once for your furnace in the fall, and once for your air conditioning in the spring. This makes sure your entire system gets a good check and enables you to ensure you’ll be able to stay comfortable during the hottest and coldest parts of the year.
What exactly does an HVAC technician check for during these HVAC service appointments? Here’s a quick overview of what you can expect your technician to do upon his or her arrival:
- Full systems check: The HVAC technician will perform a thorough inspection of all system functions and safety controls, and make any necessary adjustments to the operating sequence. This helps you make sure every aspect of your heating and cooling system is functioning properly so you can get the most efficient operation—which is beneficial both for the environment and your bank account—and so you can avoid a situation in which you’re suddenly without heat or air conditioning when you’re in dire need of it.
- Cleaning: A crucial part of maintaining an HVAC system is keeping it clean. This helps make for a more efficient system. While you’re able to change the filter yourself, there are other nooks and crannies you wouldn’t be able to access as easily.
- Preventative maintenance: An HVAC technician will perform any required preventative maintenance, especially if he or she notices issues or vulnerabilities that could become problematic if left unaddressed. He or she will also recommend some preventative steps you can take in between appointments to make sure you’re keeping your overall HVAC system in good condition.
- Duct inspections: Your HVAC technician may inspect the ducts in your home, which could involve the use of remote video equipment to hunt for potential air duct leaks and dirt or mold buildup inside the system. This is a good first step prior to cleaning and sealing the ducts, if necessary, based on the results of the inspection.
- Repairs: Any other repairs that may be needed will be performed during the course of your service appointment. This could be something as simple as tightening some bolts and properly aligning belts, or it could be more complicated tasks, such as replacing some important electrical components. More significant repairs may require your signing off before work can proceed, as it could create an extra expense beyond the cost associated with setting up the appointment and performing the inspection.
These are just a few of the steps you can expect in a standard HVAC maintenance appointment. For more information about the benefits associated with regular HVAC maintenance and when you should schedule your next appointment, we encourage you to contact the team at Cross Heating & Air Conditioning Services, LLC to schedule HVAC service in Lexington, KY. We look forward to working with you soon!
Categorised in: HVAC