When you’ve driven your car 3,000 miles, you know it’s time for an oil change. When your smoke detector starts beeping, you know it’s time for a new battery. When is it time for new air conditioning installation in Lexington, KY? How can you tell that your unit has come to the end of its life and you need to replace it?
To determine if you need AC repair or new air conditioning installation in Lexington, KY, look for the following signs:
- Age: How old is your air conditioner? A unit that is well maintained typically lasts about 15 years. If your air conditioner has been around more than 10 years, you might want to consider air conditioning installation in Lexington, KY. If the unit is experiencing problems, it’s often best to simply replace it rather than invest more money in repairs on such an old unit.
- Inefficiency: Modern air conditioners are much more efficient than older models. Check your unit’s rating to determine its efficiency. If the rating is low, it might be more cost effective to replace it with a more efficient unit than to make repairs.
- Bills: Another sign that your air conditioner is inefficient is your utility bill. Have you noticed a rise in your recent bills? This might indicate that your AC is struggling and is wasting energy, which results in a larger utility bill. To keep your utilities more affordable, you might want to replace your air conditioner.
- Cost: How much is it going to cost to make repairs to your unit? If the cost is high, consider how much it would be to replace the unit instead. If the repair cost would cover a significant portion of the cost of a new system, it might make more sense to schedule new air conditioning installation in Lexington, KY.
- Frequency: Is your unit experiencing frequent issues? If it’s breaking down regularly, and you’re having to call for repairs frequently, don’t keep throwing money at it. Save time, hassle and money by ordering new air conditioning installation in Lexington, KY.
- Freon: Keep in mind that freon is being phased out based on new federal regulations. If your unit uses freon, it will need to be replaced eventually. If you are experiencing issues with your AC that are related to the freon, it’s probably a good time to go ahead and replace it.
- Comfort: How comfortable is your home while your air conditioner is running? Does the unit seem to be having difficulty keeping up with the heat? Your aging unit may be struggling to do its job. If so, it might be time to upgrade to a larger or more efficient unit. To keep your home comfortable, consider new air conditioning installation in Lexington, KY.
Is It Time?
If you’re noticing any of these red flags that it’s time to replace your air conditioner, contact the team at Cross Heating & Air Conditioning Services, LLC. We are your local go-to source for air conditioning installation in Lexington, KY. Family owned and operated, we bring over 20 years of experience to every project. Our friendly and professional staff values service above all else. Contact us today to experience the difference.
Categorised in: Air Conditioning Installation