Believe it or not, spring is right around the corner. As you get ready to enjoy more sunshine and warmer weather, it’s important to ensure that your air conditioner can keep up with rising temperatures. Doing some basic maintenance and air conditioning repair in Lexington, KY can make a big difference when it comes to keeping your home comfortable and promoting energy efficiency. Read on to find out more about how you can prepare your air conditioner for spring:
- Inspect your system: If it’s been a while since you used your air conditioning system, it’s a good idea to conduct a quick inspection of the various parts and components to identify clear signs of damage or wear and tear. This can help you determine whether your system needs any major maintenance, repairs or cleaning before you start using it regularly again.
- Clean condenser: During the fall and winter months, heavy precipitation and high winds can cause debris like leaves and tree branches to get stuck in your outdoor condenser unit. You should pull large debris away from your unit and spray down your condenser to remove smaller debris and grime. While you’re cleaning the condenser, make sure to pay attention to any signs of worn or damaged parts that need to be repaired or replaced before the cooling season starts up again.
- Change filter: Changing your air filter is one of the most effective ways to promote effective and efficient operation for air conditioners in Lexington, KY. Over time, your air filter will accumulate dust and debris, which can inhibit proper airflow through your system. In addition, as this filter gets dirtier, the air quality in your home will likely decrease. You can change this filter yourself, or you can have this filter changed by a professional who services air conditioners in Lexington, KY as part of preventative maintenance.
- Clear away debris from system: Inspect all of your supply vents and return grills to check for debris accumulation. Taking the time to clean these components can promote efficiency throughout your air conditioning system and will also help improve the air quality in your home.
- Invest in a tune-up: While there are several things that you can do on your own to maintain your air conditioner, it’s important to work with a professional technician for regular maintenance and air conditioner repairs. They will be able to inspect your system more thoroughly and ensure that everything is working as effectively and efficiently as possible.
Schedule air conditioning repair in Lexington, KY
If you are looking for professional help with air conditioning maintenance and air conditioning repair in Lexington, KY, reach out to Cross Heating & Air Conditioning Services, LLC. Since 1992, our family owned and operated business has been proud to provide comprehensive HVAC services to commercial and residential customers alike. Whether you need a tune-up to prepare your system for spring or you’re interested in upgrading your HVAC system, our team has the experience and training necessary to help you. Give us a call today to arrange a free consultation and service quote.
Categorised in: Air Conditioner Repair