Your air conditioner can be a lifesaver during the dog days of summer. Staying nice and cool inside your own home when it’s over 90 degrees outside is a feeling that can’t be beat. Unfortunately, that comfortable feeling is short lived if your AC suddenly breaks down. The good news is that most air conditioners typically show a few signs that they need repair before they shut down altogether. Continue reading to learn a few of the signs that you need to call a professional for air conditioner repair in Lexington, KY:
- No cool air: The first sign that you need AC repair is if you don’t feel any cool air when you flip on your thermostat. After all, you want cold air if you’re paying for it, right? No air at all or air that’s not cool enough is a sign that you have an issue with your AC’s compressor. Be sure to call us right away so that problem doesn’t get any worse.
- Poor airflow: Similar to the point above, you can also tell that it’s time for repairs if your airflow isn’t as strong as it should be. Weak airflow can be a sign that your compressor is on its way out. If some rooms have good flow and others don’t, there could be an issue with your ductwork. In either scenario, you should have your AC system inspected by a pro. We can diagnose the problem and fix it as soon as possible.
- Strange sounds: Your AC undoubtedly makes some noise when it’s running, but that noise should be something like a slight humming—you shouldn’t hear any rumbling, squeaking or grinding sounds. Those noises mean something is wrong, and necessitate an inspection. Depending on the noise and severity of the problem, we may have to totally replace your unit. But if you call as soon as you hear something strange, air conditioner repair in Lexington, KY might still be a viable option. Keep an ear out for issues and you can potentially save hundreds of dollars!
- Moisture: Any sudden moisture where it shouldn’t be is a problem. This moisture can be one of two things: refrigerant or water. A refrigerant leak is a serious health risk that needs to be addressed as quickly as possible. Any standing water near your unit isn’t a huge issue—it’s probably just a problem with the drainage tube. Either way, you need to call a professional to figure out where the moisture is coming from and fix the root of the problem.
- Odd odors: Air coming from your vents shouldn’t have an odor. Burning and musty smells are two of the most common odors, which can really put a damper on your enjoyment of your air conditioning. Frayed or burnt wires cause the burning odor, while mold growth in your unit or air ducts creates a bad musty smell.
Don’t wait if you feel, hear, smell or see any of the signs above—get in touch with Cross Heating & Air Conditioning Services, LLC today. The sooner you call for air conditioner repair in Lexington, KY, the less expensive the repairs will be, and the sooner you can get back to living in total comfort.
Categorised in: Air Conditioner Repair