Winter is the time of fun festivities and delicious dishes! It’s also, unfortunately, the time of cold, dark nights and extended periods of ice and snow. If you are hoping to only enjoy the more pleasant aspects of the holiday season this year, there are a number of steps that you can take to keep your home toasty and warm. Working with a qualified company specializing in heating and air in Lexington, KY is the best way to ensure that your house is enjoyably cozy throughout the entire year.
The best way to ensure that your home is cozy and comfortable throughout the entire winter is to hire a qualified heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) specialist to maintain, replace or repair your systems for heating and air in Lexington, KY. Companies employing well-trained technicians specializing in heater repair and replacement can help you with a wide range of technical challenges, including making your home more comfortable.
Here are just some of the ways that you can keep your house more comfortable this holiday season:
- Install a programmable thermostat: The best way to maintain a consistently comfortable temperature throughout the entire winter season is to talk to a specialist in heating and air in Lexington, KY about the possibility of installing a programmable thermostat.
- Let in the light: During the daytime, you should open your curtains to allow sunlight into your home. This can reduce your need for electric lighting, and will help to warm up your home. At night, be sure to close the curtains for extra insulation!
- Reverse your fans: Don’t leave your ceiling fans dormant during the winter months. Instead, flip their reverse switch so that they run clockwise. This will disrupt the warm air settled near the ceiling and work to distribute it throughout your home.
- Clear the vents: You should ensure that there is no furniture or other blockages preventing warm air from escaping your ventilation system. During routine HVAC maintenance, your technician will assist you with cleaning your heating vents.
- Keep it closed: Rooms will heat up much faster if their doors are closed. If you are trying to warm up one part of the house more rapidly, seal it off and ensure that all of the doors leading in and out of that room remain shut for the duration of the day.
- Schedule an HVAC appointment: The best way to maximize the efficiency of your home comfort system is to schedule an HVAC appointment. Regardless of the type of system that you use for heating and air in Lexington, KY, regular service is important.
For more than 25 years, Cross Heating & Air Conditioning Services, LLC has been providing some of the most comprehensive services related to heating and air in Lexington, KY. You can count on our prompt and dependable team members to deliver high-quality HVAC solutions that will help your home remain comfortable and assist you in maintaining a high level of energy efficiency. Reach out to one of our qualified technicians today to learn more about our extensive service offerings, which include repair, maintenance and new system installation.
Categorised in: Uncategorized